Lil' Jefe, Arizona's only known ocelot, has been separated from his family by the border wall

Originally published at: Lil' Jefe, Arizona's only known ocelot, has been separated from his family by the border wall | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Typical immigrant. Single male crossing the border for a better life and leaving his family behind. /s

3 Likes

I once heard about an ocelot program that was looking for a location to host an ocelot breeding facility, and submitted the ranch I was living on at the time (with the owner’s enthusiastic permission) as a candidate. While we weren’t selected, I did get to go down into the mountains of Mexico and meet a whole lot of ocelots that were part of the program, who despite being wild cats and therefore NOT SAFE, were remarkably friendly, probaby through long association with humans. Fun times.

6 Likes

Such a beautiful animal. . .

“This is why we can’t have nice things!”

4 Likes
2 Likes

:open_mouth:

So explain how the Ocelot has been seperated from his family by the wall? It has lived its entire life, since 2012, in Arizona, never returning to Mexico to breed. Construction of the wall started in 2020. That’s 8 years he never crossed that border to his ‘family’.This headline is completely untrue.

Wrong

So far (April 2009), the Department of Homeland Security has erected about 613 miles of new pedestrian fencing and vehicle barriers to thwart illegal border crossers and drug smugglers trying to enter the United States.

That’s enough to stop wildlife crossing an entirely man-made border.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.