Listen to the hidden butt song in Hieronymous Bosch's Garden of Earthly Delights

Originally published at: Listen to the hidden butt song in Hieronymous Bosch's Garden of Earthly Delights | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Music written on a ‘wind instrument’ that did not get used in the performance. Seems wrong.

12 Likes

It also doubles as a percussion instrument

Happy Nicolas Lodeiro GIF by Seattle Sounders

11 Likes

I’m probably not the only one who was wondering where in the painting the butt song is, so here is the relevant panel of the garden:

from: https://uploads6.wikiart.org/images/hieronymus-bosch/the-garden-of-earthly-delights-1515-7.jpg

10 Likes
4 Likes

I prefer this version.

11 Likes

Heh, I thought this post rang a bell butt!

8 Likes

Since I can’t sleep I dug into up a bit who transcribed the painting into sheet music. A music student at Oklahoma Christian University named Amelia Hamrick did the hard work.

She admits there are some errors but has deleted the related posts after the topic became really popular.

12 Likes

And this is why we need colleges and universities! It isn’t so people can go get jobs… it’s so people can do important work like figuring out the butt song from Hieronymous Bosch paintings!

17 Likes

I, for one, welcome the newest song from our blessed overlord, Bjork. Long may she reign with her beautiful, if confusing, butt music.

RA-men.

2 Likes

This is the original source of the musical arrangement in the BB post (and is linked in Amelia’s Tumble post above)

9 Likes

It does sound otherworldly to me, because everybody knows the best wind instrument music comes from Uranus.

3 Likes

I kind of hope you’re not being sarcastic.

3 Likes

Oh, I’d bet my last buck two eighty that she’s not.

4 Likes

Hell is very echoey.

1 Like

Don’t you know me well enough by now to know when I’m being sarcastic? :smile:

2 Likes

I was hoping for something like this.

Or maybe this

3 Likes

I wanted it to be true! :sob: :wink:

1 Like

If any song was going to include the brown note, this one would be most appropriate.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.