Listen: whistleblower story that Marineland threatens to sue journalists for disclosing

[Read the post]

2 Likes

Thanks for posting this. Canadaland is one of the best Canadian politics podcasts around. I encourage all Canadians and Canada-philes to listen to it. I am not affiliated with Canadaland in any way, I just think it provides a much needed outsider’s perspective on the largely homogeneous media voices of Canada.

2 Likes

Oh Canada!

1 Like

Good job there Marineland. Try to shut up someone and get more press for it.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Damn you for getting that song into my head.

I remember visiting Marineland as a kid 25 years ago. I had begged my parents to go, but it was horrible. Even as a kid I saw that the animals were in such poor conditions. At the time they had dozens of bears in a concrete pit and you paid for marshmallows to throw down to them. The deer petting pen was just a fenced mud area where the deer were trampling over kids to get food pellets. I appreciate that the Ontario government has banned orcas from the province, but more should be done.

4 Likes

That song has kept me awake at night. It wasn’t just Ontario, Western New York got bombarded with it as well.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.