Little-known, criminally underappreciated 70s singer-songwriter, Judee Sill, finally gets an obit in the New York Times

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/28/little-known-criminally-under.html

6 Likes

Crayon Angel songs are slightly out of tune
But I’m sure I’m not to blame
Nothing’s happened, but I think it will soon
So I sit here waiting for God and a train
To the Astral plane

7 Likes

Sill was that under the radar performer that very few audiophiles have ever heard of. She has a true subtle way of pulling you into the story of her music.

5 Likes

My mother loves watching figure skating on TV, and a few years ago she was watching some duo performing and I kept thinking “what is this song they’re skating to, it sounds familiar?” It was an instrumental version of “The Kiss.”

Possibly the most perfect love song ever written.

6 Likes

Quite lovely, thank you for posting. :pray:

Some souls are too tender for this Earth, but they bless us in the time that we get to share with them, and by the works and deeds they leave behind.

2 Likes

I’ve now spent the last half hour playing through her songs on YouTube. Never heard of her until tonight. Thank you for posting this.

2 Likes
3 Likes

I know her music fairly well. I’m not sure if that makes me an audiophile or just old.

3 Likes

tenor-2

4 Likes

Thanks for this. I had never heard of her until running down some rabbit hole a year ago or so. I was immediately captivated. Such a sad loss.

1 Like

Thank you! Never heard her before, now I’m all shivers. She’s like a living unicorn chaser.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.