Live your dream creating mobile games for a living

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/09/26/live-your-dream-creating-mobil.html

wasting time making shitty tap the screen time wasting clones of 99% of what is already out there is a dream?
you probably won’t even get $34 in earnings either so not a good investment.

7 Likes

I worked as a game developer for a couple of decades, and creating mobile games has never sounded the least bit interesting to me.

5 Likes

Not my dream.

7 Likes

Beat me to it.

6 Likes

But I don’t want to make mobile games, I want to turn people into dinosaurs I want to make realistic tabletop games which I can play with my disabilities.

8 Likes

That’s tomorrow’s Daily Deal, I’m sure.

After all, they’re in touch with the readership, and giving the people what they want, right?

4 Likes
  1. Find established and popular Flash game

2. Make minor changes to the name and graphics

3. Insert ridiculous time/resource limitations with massively expensive options to remove them

4. ??

5. Profit!

(?? = sell soul to Satan)

5 Likes

Flappy bird?

2 Likes

My dream is to create a hedgehog-scale model of Tokyo and a remote controlled Mecha-Hedgezilla that can rampage through the city so I can bring in my hedgehog (as Hedgezilla) to save Tokyo, then capture it all on film. Will making mobile games help with this? If not, what will?

7 Likes

Live your dream creating mobile games for a living

Or - as I like to call it - the joys of homelessness!

3 Likes

Can my disabilities play too?

Seriously, though, I am a board game geek from way back. I love that stuff.

2 Likes

Robotics, electronics, machining, urban planning, model making, stage lighting, and camera work.

2 Likes

14 Likes

Assuming dinosaurs don’t get cancer, problem solved

3 Likes

Yeah if you want no cancer I may have to turn you into one of these.

2 Likes

Humans are arguably weirder looking.

2 Likes

My dream is the mobile gaming market imploding and clearing away the scumbag business practices of F2P games.

1 Like

Only if I get a silver jumpsuit - with pockets.

5 Likes

Deal.

4 Likes