Living dinosaurs could be recreated within a decade, says paleontologist

Or trying to decide if they were some bio-corporation’s property.

1 Like

That’s what the tongue-activated controls are for! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

or it can be done with prosthetics

6 Likes

That they’d have the attitudes of cats.

7 Likes

They always forget to recreate the feathers,

6 Likes

So Republicans are looking at a 2028 cannadite ?

2 Likes

If a chicken is a dinosaur already - pack up - your work is done.

5 Likes

I swear I haven’t even seen Jurassic World. I just threw together the laziest sci-fi tropes at hand so…okay, six and one half dozen of the other.

3 Likes

YES, THANK YOU.

Part of me hopes this is ideally just shitposting on the part of Horner, just for the attention.

The rest of me thinks it’s really not and is just tired of it all.

2 Likes

Living dinosaurs. If it brings back ELP, Yes, and Gentle Giant, then I’m all for it.

5 Likes

With lasers?

4 Likes

I live with a living dinosaur and the best analogy to living with a parrot is a monkey: the mess, the biting, the hormones, the screaming, the (to humans) out-of-control emotions, and also that they are smart animals that are actively studying you like a behavioral psychologist to figure out how to get what they want.

it can of course be argued that contemporary avians are an imperfect guide to how velociraptors or other theropods might behave, but smart wild animals suck as pets, and even zoo captivity is unfair for them on some fronts )even considering their health and safety). so, as with all the de-extinction stuff under discussion these days, wtf is it that we think we’re doing here? Not only do folks not seem to care to know about what’s endangered under our noses, but they’re discussing bringing back lives that have no place but in zoos?

Pebble seems to sense (and demo) the absurdities here (this guy adopted her, he didn’t teach her this stuff):

5 Likes

Totally accurate dinosaur…

2 Likes

Plock plock?

Plock!

Plockplockplock!

3 Likes

Came for xkcd, was mostly disappoint.

4 Likes

They’re just regular folks like us…

7 Likes

Grockle!

3 Likes

Sounds promising. Thanks.

1 Like

Or in that case “regular folks just like The Simpsons.” Everyone wanted a piece of that action back in the early 90s, and Dinosaurs was just one of the networks’ attemps to recreate the magic formula.

2 Likes

I love how the T-Rex has huge robot arms operated by its stubby things

1 Like