Loog electric 3-string guitar

Many who hear me would argue that!!! I’m not a “Stairway to Heaven in the local music shop” kind of player, that’s for sure…

Yup yup. Went through a “Have a read job now” phase myself, bought a Epi 4 string bass and a 7 string Schecter A7. And a crappy classical.

Had my fun, got rid of the bass (not slappy enough), got rid of the classical (a little too crappy). The 7 string is fun to pull out but the neck isn’t fast enough to really shred on.

Mostly, my two workhorses (“workhorses”, heh, I make 0 income from music) are still the guitars I bought in '95 and '98: A Washburn Mercury and a Takamine Jasmine. Both worse for wear, but too many fond memories to ever get rid of them.

I think my midlife crisis may involve a Parker Fly Deluxe. Cheaper, and perhaps sexier than a Porsche.

1 Like

Washburn and Takamine made great guitars. Love Schecters too!

I was a bass player originally, and my first guitar was an '82 Ibanez Roadstar II bass, and that still holds pride of place on the wall. Another beautiful Japanese made Ibanez. The two latest acquisitions are a Gretsch hollow body Electromatic that I got for a bargain price with a Vox amp, it needed a bit of work but it plays beautifully now, and the only brand new guitar I’ve ever bought is a Squire Jaguar Vintage Modified bass, the build quality is about what you’d expect for the money, but I put flatwounds on it and it gives a great vintage sound, real contrast to the Ibanez.

Ahhh. Guitars.

ETA: I had to google the Parker Fly Deluxe, but I recognised it immediately because I just watched a video of Adrian Belew demonstrating his the other day. They are sweeeeeeet!!!

Isn’t any Amazon link on BB a referral link?

Unless you’ve ponied up for the 10-shirt VIP package like the rest of us?

I don’t think the Discourse integration gets enough credit. Pretty clever hack to use your BBS klout score to calculate an odds-ratio for wining the monthly lottery of having your own Amazon Affiliate code appear in a post. I still think that should have won the 2015 Webbie Hyper-Micro-Indie Category.

1 Like

It’s already won an award, but you’ve probably never heard of it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.