Lost in Space prop computer remake

I don’t know, but does it involve this? I think this is from the war games, where zoe shouts code at a computer until it blows up… As you do.

1 Like

I know that appeared in the 1958 version of The Fly and in the first season of Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.

And in many, many more that I can’t think of right now.

2 Likes

Ain’t that the truth. And in addition to that — like most TV shows from the time — when they switched to color the writing went downhill.

Although I would have kept Jonathan Harris and eliminated Guy Williams.

Naked Lunch…I need to get around to watching that … someday

1 Like

Actually, I looked for an image for EMERAC and she didn’t have those metal pieces on the front of her lights. So Desk Set is out.

And it went quickly downhill from there.

1 Like

I don’t mean to disparage Harris, but the longer the series went on, the more he moved from sinister saboteur to bumbling comic relief. (Which apparently is what the network wanted, and to be fair, according to Bill Mummy, was at least somewhat Harris’ own doing.)

Speaking of Bill Mummy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8a6TtuN9WE

Edit: removed redundancy on my part. (Repeat of “to be fair” in same paragraph.)

3 Likes

We need to get Mumy, Wheaton, and someone else (another young SF/F actor that went on to do unusual, interesting things) together. Lock them in a room until they produce some mutant-friendly collaboration for us.

4 Likes

[quote=“Boundegar, post:4, topic:83793, full:true”]My God! The Jupiter 2 computer was the Batcomputer? No wonder they got lost, the thing is optimized for crime-fighting, not interstellar navigation![/quote]For some reason I heard Adam West saying that in my head. Well done.

2 Likes

Except Batman would not take the Lord’s name in vain. :slight_smile:

1 Like

He doesn’t quite fit your bill, but I would vote for Joel Hodgeson.

He and Mumy could write the music, Wheaton could write the words.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.