Louisiana public school punishes 17-year-old for dancing at a party

Originally published at: Louisiana public school punishes 17-year-old for dancing at a party | Boing Boing

Reboing:

9 Likes

Is this a public school? Not a fundie religious school? Not allowing dancing on religious grounds? Holy shit, are we living out Footloose now?

Kevin Bacon Dance GIF by Paramount Movies

13 Likes

Louisiana has parishes the way other states have counties.

3 Likes

I know this. I lived in LA for a while. I was referring to the public part, not the parish part.

7 Likes

Religious bigot fails to put baby in the corner. :tada:

11 Likes

that book is warping people’s minds.

2 Likes

It is worse than the Necronomicon.

4 Likes

Can someone merge these two “same topic, different threads” threads?

6 Likes

Paging @beschizza

Because these are both Boing topics, we need an Author to do the merge.

5 Likes

Public school named after a religious individual? Hell the townships use a word synonymous with religious community. so fucked up and ingrained into the culture.

1 Like

told by the school’s principlal, Jason St. Pierre, that she wasn’t “living in the Lord’s way.”

You mean the Lord’s way where Lot, the one righteous man, offered his daughters to the crowd as gRape-bait to “protect” the strangers? (Genesis 19)

Or perhaps the Lord’s way where the Lord killed Job’s wife and 7 kids in front of him, burned his house down and mercilessly tortured him for no reason, except to prove something that a supposedly omniscient being would already know? (Job)

4 Likes

This is Walker High, named for the town of Walker (which was named for a Confederate officer). A lot wrong there, but not sure what you mean

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.