Louisiana school principal forced to apologize after punishing a student for dancing

Originally published at: Louisiana school principal forced to apologize after punishing a student for dancing | Boing Boing

3 Likes

I’m glad the principal finally kicked off his Sunday shoes.

19 Likes

That’s not even a general Christian thing, or even evangelical Christian. There are only very specific denominations that ban dancing. What the fuck was he thinking? I hope the being put on leave is policy pending an investigation, because he should be fired. And if the scholarship application isn’t allowed to be submitted late, she should sue the school and the principal.

45 Likes

So much for the strength of your faith, Principal St. Pierre. It’s Hell for you.

12 Likes

Kevin Bacon Dancing GIF by STARZ

24 Likes

He should be sent to the principal’s office… to pack-up his shit.

I don’t know where he should be, but a public school is clearly not one of them.

22 Likes

The closest I’ve ever come to being arrested - for dancing in Manchester NH after 1 am.

Unhappy people want to drag everyone with them.

13 Likes

Sounds like this principal really needs to (foot) loosen up

7 Likes

Jason St. Pierre — who accused the 4.2 GPA student of not “living in the Lord’s way,”

First and foremost, this guy is obviously a jerk who should be no where near an educational system

Next and leastmost, (and likely admitting how out of the loop am i, but…) i recall 4.0 being a maximum (i.e. ‘perfect’) GPA…? This isn’t the case anymore?

8 Likes

This is a nice news story about it. Her fellow students are supporting her.
Let her dance, indeed.

15 Likes

Creepy power-drunk stalker with religious delusions really needs to stop being an accepted “trope” for public school administrators.

17 Likes

I was once thrown out of a bar for dancing. I couldn’t help it. It was the Clancy Brothers! Of course, my choice to use the table top instead of the dance floor may have had something to do with my unceremonious exit.

8 Likes
5 Likes

… AIUI kids can get extra points for (for instance) “advanced placement” classes :face_with_monocle:

11 Likes

CHRIST, what an asshole

10 Likes

It’s a public school,

A public school?

A PUBLIC school??

This dude is getting bent out of shape for dancing at a non-school event - and he’s in a PUBLIC SCHOOL??

My brother in Christ, are you not aware that teenagers are indeed DANCING?? Do you not have dances at your high school?

Are these anti-dancing Southern Baptists types still roaming the world like dinosaurs?

13 Likes

“I’d like to have a leave of absence for the rest of the year, because the students, teachers, parents, my secretary, my assistant principal, and the custodians are fucking roasting my ass about this.”

She was twerking, which certain white people really hate because BLAAACK PEOPLE!

Five’ll getcha ten, he’s got a reputation for getting handsy with girls sent to his office.

10 Likes

This (hopefully soon-to-be former) principal may not like the term FAFO. Perhaps one that might resonate with him more is JNTYBNJ (Matthew 7:1)? He did the J part, now he’s in the BJ phase of “Judge not, that ye be not judged.”

To paraphrase part of Matthew 19:24, let’s hope:

It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for this asshole to keep his job.

4 Likes

It would’ve been okay if she was, but she wasn’t even. She was standing behind her friend who was twerking. Something I’m sure countless guys do at dances and never get chastised for. It’s sexist as hell. Like, because she’s a girl, and great student who’s active in the school government she can’t boogey down in her free time.
Thinking back on what we got up to outside school, I’m so glad we didn’t have social media, and I really feel for the kids today.

15 Likes

Gay Twerking you say!?

Oh my. Now it all makes sense. :upside_down_face:

I’d still probably check any shared hardware he uses at work for interesting activity though.

8 Likes