Luminox watches are more than timepieces and these models are on sale for half off

Originally published at: Luminox watches are more than timepieces and these models are on sale for half off | Boing Boing

Is it only me, or does this sound like a “patriot” group you wouldn’t be surprised to have found involved with the Jan 6 insurrection?

11 Likes
10 Likes

“After that popular Navy SEAL watch was born, other elite units reached out to follow suit as Luminox crafted timepieces for the U.S. Coast Guard, the New York City Police Department, the Singapore Air Force, Special Military Forces Israel and many other law enforcement groups.”

Police Forces are “elite units”? Does that mean that they shouldn’t be using the “I was in fear for my life” excuse when killing unarmed people?

I’m guessing that one of the “features” that makes this “more than a timepiece” is that it signals wannabe “operators”; and allows people to give them a wide birth.

6 Likes

I kinda like the Navy SEAL watch and $199 is a good deal on one, but my $40 Casio dive watch has served me well for 20 years and hundreds of dives. maybe I’ll skip it. besides, 200 bucks will put air in my tanks, petrol in my boat for several trips out to the reef.

6 Likes

I regularly wear a cheapo Casio digital because it’s a pain in the arse getting your phone out when you’re doing time dependent stuff but wearing one you soon find out how often people ask you for the time because it’s a pain in the arse getting one’s phone out all the time. I can’t be doing with smart watches though, unless going out on a trek somewhere and you have one of those (i don’t) fancy Garmin GPS watches.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.