Majority of UK booze-industry revenues come from problem drinkers

The left bottle, [hiccup], or the right bottle?

5 Likes

I know someone with such an app (minus the very smart QR code idea). He also has an interlock on his ignition, and uses the app to calculate what his BAC will be by 6AM, when he next has to blow into it to start his car.

Brilliant guy, no scarcasm intended. In a lot of ways he manages it like a diabetic does their blood sugar. There but for the graceā€¦

3 Likes

Yep - it canā€™t be long till the booze titans realise that not only is craft beer taking market share - itā€™s destroying appetite for LOADZA booze.

Mind you, I suspect maybe Iā€™m growing old too. I savour a couple of lovelies and Iā€™m done. Maybe it tastes like ostrich cak to the young guns.

The thing that amazes - and I mean, AMAZES - me is the amount of booze in USA TV. I mean, yeah, theyā€™re makinā€™ money honey, so theyā€™re up with the rich lot - but the shows literally teach people precisely what situations require an alcohol douse to deal with runaway and difficult emotions.

I cite - and this was under my radar till last weekend as Iā€™m not the target audience - George of the Jungle (1997) - mother insists child not run away to Tarzanalike; father doesnā€™t help; child runs away besotted - mother basically turns to camera, winks knowingly, and downs her glass of booze in a clearly medicinal manner - itā€™s clearly necessary, required.

The target audience of 5-10 years of age.

Really?!?! Why?!?! What does that scene add?!

It teaches kids to self-medicate with booze.

1 Like

The only objections to that sort of ingenuity are moral concerns. And morality doesnā€™t belong in a discussion about addiction.

3 Likes

And thereā€™s lots more of those jokes in this

1 Like

Thought. What about using the existing UPC/EAN barcode, and have a database, possibly crowdsourced, with data indexed to the barcode number?

We already have unique identifiers for the goods. Can we leverage them?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.