Make your own GIANT sidewalk chalk with a Pringles can, plaster of paris, and tempera paint

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/21/make-your-own-giant-sidewalk-c.html

2 Likes

Don’t teach kids to make lethal weapons:

Pringles are already good enough eating them, now we can make chalk from them too! Wow! Good post!

Please do stain the street though.

Yeah but is the chalk any good as a Wi-Fi antenna?

1 Like

Cool!
If you have even more Pringle’s cans around, you can make a cute solar cooker for tubular food (like Hot Dogs):

This seems also well suited for families, protesters, and families who protest :wink:

3 Likes

When I was a kid my dad and I used to make calcium carbide cannons out of Pringle’s cans and tennis balls. Lots of fun. Oh the joys of a childhood when your dad worked for a chemical company and could bring home extras.

3 Likes

I read it as a way to chalk Gantt charts on sidewalks, and was all, like, “Wow, kids are really tired of Zoom, aren’t they.”

2 Likes

We used a few soup cans taped together, and a tennis ball soaked in lighter fluid. That’s where I learned the word “FHWUMP.”

4 Likes

We used the old metal tennis ball cans (yep, I’m that old) duct taped together, and starter fluid.

3 Likes

Australian for Chalk?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.