Maker of internet-connected vibrator must pay $4m for secretly tracking users' sexual activity

If customers are each getting anything close to that $10,000, that suggests the total number of customers was a measly 400. The company should fire its marketing department.

5 Likes

To be fair, who would want something like that? IoT and sex toys do not mix.* Their marketing department is genius for reeling in 400 suckers already!

*there’s a joke in here about back doors and security holes, but it’s too easy

4 Likes

I think it’s great that some people are asserting their rights to lock down rampant corporate/commerce entitlement, but I suspect that the only reason why there was outrage this time was because people have weird neurotic standards when it comes to sex and other bodily functions.

The same masses of people who will gladly sign away all their rights and privacy forever as “unreal abstractions” are suddenly concerned if what is at stake is something like seeing their bum.

3 Likes

To be fair, I am legally required to hold an insurance policy in case anyone sees my bum.

They don’t call it the Holiest of Holies for nothin’ (Raiders, natch)

3 Likes
2 Likes

Bitch, please. y = |sin(x)|+9e^-x100cos(x)

1 Like

They could have points and awards like “Orgasm in every state capitol”.

6 Likes

Are they watching Kellyanne Conway with it?

2 Likes

And post themselves to Twitter.

2 Likes

#Raiders of the Holy Bum?

Followed by

The Temple of Cheese

The Last Fish Pun

Kingdom of the Crystal Canary

3 Likes

…Sounds like my tinder profile…

3 Likes

“Tracking users’ sexual activity?” Aren’t you jumping to conclusions about what these things are being used for? I’m sure that the majority of users are of strong moral character and use them only for their intended purpose of massaging aching muscles. You people all have dirty, dirty minds.

9 Likes

C batteries? And to think that I have been lugging around car batteries to use with mine!

3 Likes

as if this is a Bad Thing. what is wrong with you?

5 Likes

“Deep penetrating action” yet she’s using it on her neck :confused:

I suppose the neck counts as “anywhere”

who need batteries when you have petrol!

4 Likes

And operates ‘off-the-grid’! Good going. Can’t track that.

(unless wearing a fitbit, carrying an smart phone, operating in plain sight…)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.