Lovesense sex toys make accidental audio recordings of your sex sessions, which the company describes as a "minor bug"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/11/10/back-orifice-2.html

2 Likes

Consumers should insist on free and open source software for controlling their smart sex toys.

2 Likes

I’m waiting for the AI version that can interpret the physiological responses. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

There’s almost an XKCD for that.

7 Likes

Imagine how valuable that data must be.

1 Like

5 min ring tones?

5 Likes

It’s comforting to know they fixed the bug that captured video.

4 Likes

people are justified in whatever outrage they feel about these issues… but none of it is enough to overrule how much I like their sex toys. But then, I’ve mostly used them for doing cam work, intentionally letting strangers play with them; that probably influences my perspective.

2 Likes

How much can it really record with all that insulation around it?

1 Like

Recently there was local scandal nearby where a retail employee was found to have drilled a peep hole looking into the store fitting rooms. This kinda makes that pale in comparison when you think about it.

1 Like

A: “THIS IS AN OUTRAGEOUS VIOLATION OF MY PRIVACY.”
B: “Geez, who put the bug up your butt?”
A: ”THAT’S EXACTLY MY POINT.”

13 Likes

I don’t want my sex toys to have any bugs!

Yea yea, hooray for lawsuits, but really, you think I’d rather listen to you a-humpin and a-pumpin, or empty your meager bank account?

Are there sex toys for bugs?

This is a serious question: can someone explain to me the point of Internet-enabled sex torys?

1 Like

The person at the other end controls the vibrator buttplug, with video and sound of what’s going on. The next best thing to being there, I guess.

1 Like

I don’t know what else to call it, but “sex session” sounds about as appealing as “blood letting.”

2 Likes

You know what you’ll find if you Google those two phrases in combination, right?

1 Like

s/Lovesense/Lovense/g

:slight_smile: We already have the technology to track those responses:

1 Like