Man buys $27 of bitcoin, forgets about them, finds they're now worth $886k

Bitcoin is money. It is a world wide currency and not designed to be an investment vehicle. You don’t necessarily need to convert it to another currency to spend it.

1 Like

Just a reminder children, one should invest in their eduation.

My new investment strategy - follow him around and see what he blithely does, then do the same. It is likely to work better than listening to any of the ‘analysts’ I’ve ever spoken to.

2 Likes

Wait a couple hours, and they’ll be worth about 13 cents. But they’ll bounce by by Monday.

“and definitely nothing to do with my trading on the Silk Road” Officer…

I mined 50 in the early days - it took just under a week if I remember rightly then I got 5 for free from some outfit that was promoting the system then promptly forgot about them. I think in total they were worth about NZ$6 at the the time so imagine my utter joy a couple of years later when I checked online and found they were worth just over $200! I promptly sold them and was pretty happy until a few months ago when I found they would have then been worth about $7000. And today? About $14,000. Don’t follow me around looking for investment tips.

1 Like

Except you kind of do because actually being able to spend them on anything directly is rare and/or inconvenient. Bitcoin’s raison d’etre these days is as a stock speculation MMO.

You obviously have no clue what you are talking about. Go and use an exchange. The demand for bitcoins far outweighs the supply. You put some coins up and they are gone instantly.

Feeling dumb and dumber. Reminds me of the 1000 shares of Apple I got for $12/share and sold at $25, thinking I got a great deal. Sigh—if only my retrospectroscope worked for future events.

BTW—How does the guy turn all that bitcoin worth back into dollars?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.