Man-Eaters Volume Two: Fleshing out the world where girls turn into lethal werepanthers when they get their periods

Fair enough.

And speciesist too, surely?

1 Like

4 Likes

Her only mistake was to respond to the activists. Let them stew in their righteous anger for a while but soon they will attempt to attack the next shiny cause-of-the-week so they can brag about it to their progressive friends. It’s her story; she is allowed to write what she wants. If you don’t like it, don’t read it.

1 Like

Yeah. People trying to make the world better are really the absolute worst. /s

3 Likes

Yeah, sending nasty tweets over something you don’t like according to a rigid ideological orthodoxy is really making the world a better place.

You’re right. Humanity for all women is rigid and unfair. Such a shitty world view. Thanks for convincing me that some women are more women than others… /s

2 Likes

Age-ist AND Speciest?

We’ll, it is about werepanthers, and not werecougars*

No doubt the text addresses the difference between cougars ( Puma concolor) also known as panthers, or mountain lions, distinct from Pantherinae (which includes lions, tigers, jaguars (often called panthers), and leopards.

1 Like

if it’s not a.i.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

It.Is.A.Work.Of.Fiction.

She is free to write whatever she wants to write. You are free to read it or not to read it. Again, her mistake was to try to justify what she wrote in order to appease the bottomless maw of modern outrage. You are free to believe whatever you wish to believe, as am I. It is not my right to force to you accept my beliefs. Now, nobody forced her to do anything. Again, her mistake was responding. If she had ignored them, it would have faded away but instead we are talking about the activists instead of the actual work, which is exactly what they wanted.

Gaa. I’m doing it as well. I don’t care what people think about the book. It looks interesting and I like the artwork. Going to give it a read.

1 Like

You did read the tweet she posted above, right? The one where we all have to go by her definition of gender?

Great. Doesn’t mean the rest of us can’t have criticism. You do you, and others can have criticisms of the book and can call out shitty views people post in public forums. Problem solved.

4 Likes

One would think, surely.
Double surely.

And then some more of them “ists” too.

1 Like

“I want to like @ImageComics #ManEaters so bad, but it is SO HEAVILY founded in bio essentialism and TERFness that it’s impossible to not feel like it perpetuates the same misogyny/systemic violence that it’s attempting to tackle,” Meman tweeted. “#ManEaters, while def cute and smart and a fun concept, is also just as lazy and exclusionary as pussy hats, white feminism, Taylor Swift-ing pop feminism.”

So nasty. The only solution is to punch down and put the critic on the most public of blasts.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.