Man finds $5,000 in bank parking lot, gets charged with larceny three months later

I’m left wondering…in what way?
Like, it’s a foodstuff you should have on a sandwich, if at all, but first you have to dig it out with a spoon?
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

6 Likes

Yeah, you slice mortadella…I mean you could use a melon baller on it I suppose.

4 Likes

As always … no good deed goes unpunished.

So, are tongs involved? Baloney might be the wrong choice…

3 Likes

I had a similar experience, though I was an adult.

Out with my son, then 5, for a walk, I noticed a woman’s wallet next to the step of the sidewalk.
Keen to show him a deed of good citizenship, I pick it up.
Money (~100€), driving licence, CCs, and an MD association card, with the home address.

Bingo, it’s just the apartment building across the road!
OK, I thought, no need to go to the police, let’s just bring it back.

I ring the intercom.
“Who is that?”
“Hi! My name is <>. Are you Ms <>?”
“Yes, what do do you want?”
“I’ve just found your wallet on the sidewalk across the road, and brought it back.”
“I’m sure I’ve got my wallet here at home. You are trying to scam me.”
“I can assure that I have your wallet, go check, or if you want I can read you your birth date, or MD registration number.”
“Wait”

“I checked, and it’s missing, I’m going to call the police, you must have stolen it”
(WTF?)
“I just found it, I hope nothing is missing, please come down, or allow me to bring it to your door”
“Wait”
After some minutes the young lady storms from the front door, more or less rip the wallet from my hands, and goes back in, while muttering vague threats and random insults.

“Dad, next time let’s just keep the money”
A nice life lesson for a little boy.

6 Likes

Yeah, I’d think they might help…

2 Likes

Back in the long-ago when I worked in a pub, my boss’s husband had to do the once-a-week trip to the wholesaler.
400 hundred quid in cash in his pocket, which he didn’t realise he’d dropped 'til he got to the checkout.

Turned out another small business-person had chased all the twenties down all over the carpark and turned the lot in - what an angel. They were in the same trade, so assumably had sympathy for his plight.

But, but - when my boss was telling this story to a friend of hers, this was her friend’s reply:

“Oh God, you’re so lucky. My God. So lucky I didn’t find it.”

:smiley:

true story

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.