Man is pretty hardcore

I wonder how many times he practiced that to get all the moves right. :exploding_head::face_vomiting:

Bartender: What’ll you have?

Hard guy: The usual, 1 quart miscellaneous in a pickle jar. And an egg.

14 Likes

It’s the shriveled remains of his liver, which he had removed beforehand as a safety measure.

18 Likes

Don’t worry, my boss and I (the only two non-Chinese in the company) do ok. I get drunk easily, but plateau. He’s developed a reputation for out drinking everyone.

At big company dinners, it can get out of hand. There is a toasting etiquette. Basically you go around to everyone you know and do these tiny shots with hard alcohol. With groups, then individuals. You are expected to toast your boss, peers, and friends. Imagine a couple hundred people doing dozens of shots of 112 proof booze. I stick out, so I get targeted.

But there is a second level of etiquette. Higher ups in the company cheat. You pretend to drink or you have your own liquor which is actually water. So even if someone says 干杯 (ganbei, or bottoms up in Chinese), you can survive.

My mnemonic for ganbei: “He once was a little green ball of clay!” Yup, I’ve been yelling the name of a claymation character for years and getting away with it. (Gumby, dammit, for those of you who have never heard of him).

14 Likes

People who generally think in terms of “if you die” rather than “when you die” are so naive and cute.

2 Likes

No sound, so is the blue glass jeyes fluid?

Twenty bucks says that this is his recovery routine after a hard night!

5 Likes

Eh, my experience was mostly with Korean engineers. Not sure what they would have been drinking at home but their tastes were pretty expensive considering the quantity consumed.

Having recently seen an Ozu Yasujirō film, the ‘hard man’ vid disappoints me.

1 Like

OMG, a neighbor brought some of that down a few months ago. His English is not stellar, so he called it wine. It is not wine. It was like drinking a flaming barnyard.

Not that I wouldn’t try another sip or two…

5 Likes

Are we sure it wasn’t a rabbit?

3 Likes

It has an egg! That means it counts as a prairie oyster and is therfore healthy.

10 Likes

13 Likes

Turns out there are several videos of this bad ass (skip to 0:58 for his other “recipes”…):

3 Likes

I really want to be this guy’s pal. Oh my god, the stories…!

When he lit the cigarette with his finger:

16 Likes

Or tea. As a former bartender, this is an absolutely necessary arrow to keep in your quiver. Use a mid-high-end spirit bottle and pretend you won’t drink anything else. If someone demands the same, switcheroo the bottles and pour rounds of $15 bourbon shots.

10 Likes

I’ll bet the Pepsi was warm, too.

1 Like

Phhpph.

I light my cigars off molten iron from blast furnaces, and skip the beer mixing for straight liquour. If its less than 100 proof, I don’t even buy it, because I don’t taste it.

And I look way more stylish doing it :wink:

2 Likes

It’s been seven years, but it looks like Psy has finally found a follow up to “Gangnam Style.”

4 Likes