Man kidnapped by ferocious puppet

Originally published at: Man kidnapped by ferocious puppet | Boing Boing

6 Likes

ETA - Loved this film!

7 Likes

Lift with your legs, not your back.

8 Likes

As social commentary, I’d appreciate it more if the ferocious puppet were made to look like Mark Zuckerberg, and the box was an oversized hand-basket.

For stunned onlookers too slow to get the joke, maybe slap this sticker on the basket part:

6 Likes

Viral marketing campaign for that creepy robot doll movie?

4 Likes

Since the hay days of Rod Hull and his emu always felt there should be name for the specific genre of puppeteering which included fake body parts representative of the puppeteer. i dunno… fictocorpa puppets doesn’t do it. falschextremapuppen …nah

11 Likes

How about fake body parts representative of the audience?

7 Likes

To Popkin (author of the BoingBoing article), you should always research and find the original creator instead of linking to a random repost (the clicks should go to the original creator).

The original creator of that video is Adem Ocaktan from Türkiye.

He has a TikTok channel: ademocaktan (@ademocaktan) | TikTok
He also has a YouTube channel: Adem Ocaktan - YouTube

Here’s a link to the original TikTok video: Diyarbakir ongözlu kopru "abe düsecen" :) #ademocaktan #kuklalarınefen... | TikTok

And here’s a link to the original YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3GZcP0JiHI

19 Likes

In related puppet-crime news…

4 Likes

Not sure if this was the film that launched Peter Jackson’s career but similar:

2 Likes
5 Likes

Not quite the same gimmick but also kind of reminds me of how they originally came up with the character “Bruno the Trashman” on Sesame Street so Oscar the Grouch would have the mobility to do live appearances.

oscar-with-bruno

7 Likes

A friend of mine was a wearing a similar costume to this at a festival. At one point a really drunk bloke tried talking to the dummy rather than the person, something along the lines of “have you been carrying him around in that all day?”. I guess that’s total success :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.