Man shot 47 times by cops sues them

Originally published at: Man shot 47 times by cops sues them | Boing Boing

7 Likes

He was shot nine times. He was shot at 47 times.

24 Likes

Thank you for clearing that up, it did sound, well, impossible. I’m surprised nine was survivable, too.

12 Likes

Can we stop sending cops to wellness checks. Seriously.

18 Likes

Mullinax faces a charge of presenting a firearm and a warrant “on a different charge” that his lawyers say there are no court records for.

7 Likes

That’s a far higher hit ratio than the time when cops shot up a pickup truck with two innocent newspaper delivery women because they thought it might be the rogue cop who was out murdering other cops. In that instance they shot over 100 times and fortunately only hit one woman twice.

https://www.cnn.com/2016/01/27/us/christopher-dorner-manhunt-officers-cleared/index.html

7 Likes

That all the bullets did not hit their intended target is a distinction without much difference, at least when it comes to the cops’ intent.

Which is kinda the fucking point; they came out blasting like gangbusters, shooting to kill.

11 Likes

oh… that’s okay then. Carry on, police, since you ONLY shot a man NINE TIMES instead of 47… /s

2 Likes

I would say that the fact that they fired at him 47 times and hit him nine times makes things worse.

It highlights how these kinds of shootings are not measured, last resort responses but just panicked/overexcited blasting away.

Cops and copaganda shows always like to suggest that Supercop™ fires one shot, cleanly catching the Perp™ in the leg or shoulder or maybe a headshot if the writers are feeling gritty but the reality is a bunch of hyped up people blazing away wildly with little to no interest in where those bullets actually end up as long as they get to fire off those rounds.

10 Likes

Was my /s not loud enough?

3 Likes

Sure, I didn’t mean to suggest otherwise. I wanted to make the point that there are reasons to note the amount of shots fired vs shots that hit other than trying to exonerate cops or somehow lessen what happened.

Was my comment not expressing that, too? Did it need to be explained back to me? Maybe there is a better way to piggy-back off one comment, without accidentally diminished in the original poster?

3 Likes

I note your point and will endeavour to do better in future.

2 Likes

Not only did they shoot at him 47 times, his mother was standing right next to the truck and they didn’t hit her once, fortunately. None of those people should be cops. They just wildly and blindly emptied their weapons in the general direction of the truck. They are terrible cops in every way. One, they decided to respond to a report of someone who might be suicidal by trying to kill the guy (why does this keep happening?), and two, they couldn’t even do that right. Thank god for that second one, I guess, but jesus…if any of them are still working in law enforcement after this, that’s the real crime that’s the second crime (the real one is the attempted murder of the man in the truck). And I’m sure they all are.

7 Likes

So, attempted suicide must be a capital offence in that country? Or is mental illness the crime?

2 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

5 Likes

Celebrating a fun afternoon at the paintball range, I see…

1 Like

Glad that a man’s death is good for laugh…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.