Man stops in traffic to steal parked car's catalytic converter

Using a jack without blocking is very risky to the thief, anyone could of walked up, turned the handle and pinned him under the car and stolen the Jack. It’s not likely the driver of the get away car would run after the Jack thief cause someone else, possibly the Jack thief’s buddy would then steal their car as the driver ran down the roadway after the jack thief and hilarity ensues.

1 Like

I was just watching my old security footage from 2017 as we prepared to relocate offices. Someone acting like a contractor got in our suite after hours after charming the cleaning crew in the elevator lobby… walked around the suite seeing it was still very much occupied, scoped out the exit door, waking past all kinds of laptops and monitors opted to swipe a backback from the front desk and went out via that stairwell.

We wish we saw the look on his face when he got it home. The backpack was branded with our company logo and was filled with trade show swag which is free to employees - mugs, pens etc. Not even a thumb drive.

4 Likes

A little glimpse into brexit-britain here - a black market of catalytic converters and finally finally the return of bendy bananas (no, i have no clue either).

1 Like

NOT A U.S.A. FERDERAL WORKER FORLOUGH EMPLOYMENT TIP!

Can not emphasize this enough.

1 Like

I once had my car parked unattended behind a housing unit for a while, I wasn’t driving it for a while due to an injury. Found it opened one day, but the thieves hadn’t been able to take it as the battery had gone flat. Heh.

A week or so later I’d borrowed a recharge kit and got around to sorting it out - only to find that the battery had now been stolen! shrug.

Came back the following week with a replacement battery organised, and the car was finally successfully gone. They’d taken the battery away to recharge and got it done!

I had to applaud, and I was not sad to see the back of the vehicle anyway, so good luck to them…
… The only thing I missed was my rare Pink Floyd cassette tape in the player. Yes, it was a while ago.

2 Likes

Well Brexit means Brexit, crime is riff and blatant, but in this case i am going to blaim the fine people of (I am guessing ) London for being so used to it that they film it rather than call 999…

Unfortunately, I live here.

1 Like

Elwood was on to something…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.