Man surreptitiously camps in roundabout

I don’t remember if Steve talks about homelessness in this specific video, but he does regularly talk about it, yes. He’s not always had a roof over his head himself, living out of his car for a while.

4 Likes

My Musician Friends, Kate and Corwen (who are currently being Iron Age people in the British Museum) recommended this to me. It’s nice, and I love the rendition of Dulaman, but I prefer “The Secret of Roan Inish”… There aren’t any roundabouts in that one; there is more male nudity, though…

What about a house and farm in the middle of a motorway?

(more info)

A few years ago, a friend of mine decided to see if he could get away with growing weed outside in the UK. The spots he picked were in the ‘waste’ ground around nearby motorways. It turned out one spot was discovered by humans, and another two were destroyed by rabbits. A couple of plants survived though, and produced a small amount of bud.

3 Likes

Apropos of nothing, that gif is from the Finnish sketch comedy series “Kummeli”; Jankon Betoni.

Well, song of the sea is aimed at children, so… :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Disagree! That film is great for all ages and I learned a lot of new things about Irish mythology!

Anyway, perhaps I missed them but I haven’t noticed any posts about the inherent danger of getting flattened by a car that fails to turn when driving towards the roundabout. If you google “car launches itself over roundabout” or “car crashes into roundabout” there are many, many dramatic examples. I’d hate to spend any significant amount of time at a location where a moving vehicle actively needs to slow down and make a turn to avoid hitting you.

2 Likes

By saying it’s for children, doesn’t mean it’s not for other age groups… I just mean it’s entirely suitable for children… :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

I’m thinking you haven’t seen “The Secret of Roan Inish”… The male nudity is a two year old…

1 Like

GIF by NETFLIX

5 Likes

I dont think that a naked child should be framed as “male nudity”.

Kinda creepy there.

5 Likes

See Jon Ossoff GIF by Election 2020

5 Likes

Well, I was teasing you. Properly teased now, I think. [My work here is done. :sunglasses:] It IS a male child. It IS naked. Actually,. you should just watch the film. Really. It’s sweet. And frightening. And there’s great music on it.

kid stop it GIF

5 Likes

Yes, this is exactly the burn for me…

The earnest commentary of someone giving multiple options that cost money and planning seems like a slap in the face of the homeless.

In Melbourne, my ‘home’ town, built housing is not affordable because the investment in property is more lucrative economically than the idea of building a house or apartments as a ‘home’.

Camping can be a fun activity but the holiday in camping is a practice of the people that have homes… a holiday from the conveniences and life style of the middle and upper class.

This kind of video is about finding entertainment from the marginalised without regard for the everyday dangers that the homeless live with on a day to day and doesn’t show any humanity or understanding.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.