Man with gun gets robbed by man with a gun, leaving two unarmed people injured

That picture of the guy running towards someone while firing - why would you do that? It doesn’t help you get away.

5 Likes

I dunno exactly what that means either. But open carry in most cases is stupid, IMO.

That’s a guy who wanted to claim he was involved in a gunfight so he showed up after it was over to get his shots in. I am 100% sure his social media profile is currently full of wild stories about the action movie scenario he just survived.

5 Likes

I was searching for more information on the open carry thing, turns out the rifle was an ar15.

Wtf do you need an ar15 for at a grocery store. Couldn’t a hand gun in a holster serve as protection when picking up milk and cat food?

9 Likes

It’s roughly equivalent to “open carry” of $2000-4000, which is why Guy#1 got robbed.

14 Likes

According to the GOP, the best way to resolve gun violence and school shootings is to make guns easier to acquire. States rush to expand gun rights despite calls for stricter laws

3 Likes

Man with big gun and insecurity needs big gun to feel safe from other men with big guns he imagines to be everywhere, becomes man with big gun other men with big guns fear.

It’s like people who fear werewolves so they go out every full moon and maul some random folks to keep the werewolves scared.

15 Likes

I’ve asked gun enthusiasts in the past why someone needs an ar15, they never say why, the only thing they say is it’s their right.

I say, I understand that but why do they they need that particular gun. They say it’s none of my business why someone wants a gun they have a right to own.

Sigh…

13 Likes

There are many uses for an AR-15.

Though taking one to the grocery store serves no purpose other than making a statement. I really don’t understand people who do this, and I think it undermines their cause.

I have a shirt that says “Fuck you, you fucking fuck” I bought while drunk on Bourbon Street like 20 years ago. Needless to say, while it may be my First Amendment right to wear such a shirt, but places where it would be appropriate are limited.

4 Likes

I kind of like that analogy. I only wish it weren’t so murderously relevant.

7 Likes

Could you list some of the civilian uses for an AR15?

7 Likes

Which are?

5 Likes
  1. Killing people
  2. As a hammer
  3. Shooting the necks off champagne bottles
  4. Putting under your wheels when you are stuck in snow

I tried, but somehow I keep circling back to number 1.

22 Likes

Don’t be silly, that’s only what it was expressly designed for.

17 Likes

I’m gonna hazard a guess that Guy #2 is very local and was trawling for victims to steal from and maybe manifested a dangerous presence for people in the neighborhood, and Guy #3 was going to make sure Guy #2’s presence was felt by the neighborhood no longer. I’ve known folks who might be like Guy #2, who thought they could get through life being as mean as possible without serious repercussions.

As for Guy #1, they’ll find him soon enough if the rifle is registered, I suppose.

5 Likes

I also must express my very WTF confusion over this photo of a sink in the establishment (?)…

https://goo.gl/maps/g7YUGn58YqYr6zyV8

3 Likes

The presence of a gun made this situation worse at every turn.

As always. Funny, that.

4 Likes

And don’t forget, cooking bacon.

(though fortunately, their injuries were not life-sustaining)

This phrase could be adopted as-is by the gun worshippers. On the one hand it echoes their conviction that if you kill the right people and kill enough of them, you will be safe. On the other hand it reflects their cold-blooded willingness to accept the butchering of schoolchildren as a regrettable side effect of guaranteeing American Freedom.

7 Likes

Lead farming

3 Likes

I have a right to own a bulldozer, should I have the money, but I’m not going to drive it to the grocery store even if I have the permits required to operate it on anything other than my own property. I certainly don’t need one.

11 Likes