Man with gun gets robbed by man with a gun, leaving two unarmed people injured

Originally published at: Man with gun gets robbed by man with a gun, leaving two unarmed people injured | Boing Boing

7 Likes
21 Likes

How is carrying the gun in a sleeve under his shirt open carry?

10 Likes

their injuries were not life-sustaining

Thank goodness, those life-sustaining injuries are the worst

55 Likes

(though fortunately, their injuries were not life-sustaining)

Wait What Instinct GIF by CBS

@RadioSilence I owe you a Coke. Pop pop pop.

Coca Cola Sugar GIF

30 Likes

the transition time it takes to go from good guy with gun to bad guy with gun is measured in seconds.

18 Likes

“Life-sustaining injuries” should translate to “emergency surgery.” So Guy#1 saved those bystanders lives by shooting them! /s

18 Likes

Trained police who carry a gun every day for work:

At best the police force in the densest city in the country hit their target 37% of the time… at close range.

Is police training sufficient? no. Are private citizens with no training going to do a better job? hell no.

30 Likes

You definitely beat me to that one.
Life-sustaining.

6 Likes

skeleton starbucks GIF

11 Likes

In a really weird story, the weirdest part is Guy #3. What the hell?

19 Likes

Americans are desperately trying to turn the USA into the Hollywood action flicks they so adore, and in the process they’re turning the country into a depressing art-house drama with a dark inexplicable ending.

18 Likes

37% at under 7 yards?

Fuckers could walk into a barn door and still not hit it.

20 Likes

I’m really disappointed that Guy 2 got shot. It was going to be a textbook case of guns provide protection, if the only people injured were the people just standing around without guns.

4 Likes

Exactly. Having no training and no experience while in an incredibly stressful situation is a great recipe for disaster. I’m sure if you talked to these folks and said that it takes time and experience to deal with the speed and pressure of playing in the NBA, the NFL, the MLB or other professional sports they would agree with you. But guns in public with panic all around - sure, that’s easy as pie.

Morons.

10 Likes

I believe it was Johnny Cash who said it best - don’t take your guns to town, son, leave your guns at home.

Also, wtf America. Pass a gun control bill already. This is so stupid.

15 Likes

The time it takes to go from “good guy with a gun” to Dead guy with a gun is measured in milliseconds.

14 Likes

What’s fascinating about this isn’t that bystanders were injured, which also happens frequently with police shootings. What’s amazing was how minuscule the difference was between this outcome and police shootings. The only difference is that police would definitely have killed Guy#2. And likely arrested a random POC who had nothing to do with the incident.

18 Likes

Needs more @thomdunn
As does

without even taking back the rifle that he’d been open-carrying before being, which had

Before being what? Well, ‘shot’ I suppose, or ‘robbed’. Unless he was carrying it before his birth (or conception, in some states).

4 Likes

I think the gun in question was a rifle, which is hard to conceal under a shirt. If you’re walking around with a rifle under your shirt, pretty much everyone knows you’re walking around with a rifle, ergo “open carry”.

5 Likes