Man with knife showed up at Wisconsin polling place demanding to "stop the voting"

Originally published at: Man with knife showed up at Wisconsin polling place demanding to "stop the voting" | Boing Boing

8 Likes

30 Likes

they “would like to thank the library staff for taking quick action and voters who waited patiently to vote.”

Go up against librarians and you’ll always end up losing.

41 Likes

shh-quiet

21 Likes

11 Likes

I was wondering if there were any threats to polling places, poll workers, or voters on Tuesday… I hope this was the only one and I’m glad he got taken into custody without anyone getting hurt…

20 Likes

Gonna take a wild guess regarding his political alignment.

21 Likes

Nobody told him Republicans had already checked that item off the list…

☑️ Voter Suppression

9 Likes

conan the librarian dewey decimal system GIF

22 Likes

Honestly surprised we’re not hearing about more of them. There were a significant number of reports of those armed drop-box watchers intimidating people in Arizona, but not much else. I expect they’re saving it all for the next election…

12 Likes

They had to tweak the original quote when they remade the movie as Conan the Librarian.

Mongol General: Wrong! Conan! What is best in life?

Conan: To shush your enemies. See them reading before you. And to hear the silence of their studying.

21 Likes

At least he went to a library once in his life.

8 Likes

7 Likes

I’m…less than totally shocked…that it proved possible to take him into custody without incident or injury. Presumably one of the boisterous but not truly threatening sort of armed attackers of American democracy; not something to get the tasers out over.

5 Likes

Movies were great, the show not as, but still fun. At least as a former inner city kid who basically chose to spend a sizable portion of their childhood in libraries.

Personally, I’m more of an LCC fan myself.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.