Man wrestles and kills coyote that was attacking his toddler

No. The kid got bitten by the coyote, but its snowsuit prevented the skin from being broken. I’m not seeing the irony.

Reminds me of this:

I’d say a wolf is likely more dangerous but facing either animal would be terrifying. Glad the kid was ok

2 Likes

Yeah, I was going to mention that when you see really large coyotes, they are often coywolves. I’ve seen both coyotes and coywolves in Eastern Washington in the last few years.

2 Likes

Yup, that coyote is gonna get bigger with each telling. Just how this works. Given a couple generations, Fenrir would tremble.

1 Like

Well, as someone who lives in a coyote area, and as a vet who has seen the aftermath, bring in those “fur babies” (I f-ing hate that phrase). Putting out a delicious buffet for crafty predators is only going to result in the predators taking advantage of said buffet. They’d be stupid not to, and coyotes are not stupid.

That being said, it’s rare and weird for them to attack humans, even small ones. Generally it’s only the sick and starving that do that.

Nature, uh, finds a way.

The rabies test came back positive last night.

2 Likes

If a piercing attack doesn’t meet or exceed AC, was it really a hit?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.