Map of the #1 song in countries all around the world

This maps amazingly well with how Republicans see Latin America.

3 Likes

I’m strangely attracted to this. I burst out laughing in the first ffew seconds hearing that weird wind instrument. The gazoo at the end was icing on the cake! Does that one guy have epilepsy?

2 Likes

I feel like there’s two “number 1” charts going on in parallel right now – what’s popular on YouTube and what’s popular on radio/downloads/Billboard. There’s crossover but often a song can rack up billions of hits on YouTube but the Hot 100 is another story. I was kind of baffled when I saw the views that “Despacito” got, and someone under the age of 18 had to explain the crossover appeal of a Justin Bieber / Fast & the Furious / Daddy Yankee song. Then again, I don’t understand the appeal of Lets Plays, unboxing videos, or Tide Pod challenges, so there’s something to be said for just being old.

3 Likes

Oh so it’s like a map for making me feel old. I see.

4 Likes

What?

I don’t think I would class that as techno even under the loosest definition I have heard people use before now.

You still get variation, you just have to look beyond the charts for it. When we talk about the golden age of music (a period for which there is no definition other than “when I was in my teens/early 20s”) we always forget about all the shit that charted at the same time.

5 Likes

1 Like

as any TRUE HIPPIE ( copyleft ) knows , the best music is folk rock on a 12 string at your local coffee shop on open mic nite !! and , a number one is usually just a drip , with a mocha being typically a # 7 ~

2 Likes
2 Likes

That’s a classic in comparison to…

https://youtube.com/watch?v=atiL0u4Pu58

https://youtube.com/watch?v=8FhYOcf2_5Q

Mali has a recipe for some kid of lemon drink as #1 song?

I honestly had no idea YouTube had such an impact on contemporary music. I only follow a few channels there and none of them music related. Huh…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.