Mark Zuckerberg sues over 100 Hawaiians to force them to sell them their ancestral land

My vague impression is this is how it is done in some places though (not to say he couldn’t have tried to figure it out sooner). If he didn’t hold the land, would Zuckerberg have legal standing to sue anyone to force land title holders to come forward or lose the land? I expect he wouldn’t. So, he probably did know that there were these claims but I suspect all big parcels of Hawaiian land have this problem too so if he wanted land at all, he’s going to wind up here in this situation.

1 Like

I dunno, is asking for something better, wrong? I mean really, we could do with out a single comment thread open on any Trump posts, because it is basically “the same peanut gallery” saying the same things. Hell just about every thread is going to have a predictable reply. Leave on comment open for @Modusoperandi to make his sarcastic joke and then shut it down so the dragon can go out for brunch.

Well, actually, the post has been ninja edited:

Before, as cited by @heckblazer:

Now:

1 Like

Asking for it every time with no expectation of change is useful?

I thought he ate n00bs and trollies?

Guess I’m wrong! Write down the date! :slight_smile:

Of course, I’m wrong a lot so that’s probably not useful.

1 Like

With only one reply allowed, there won’t be noobs and trolls.

I’m going to bow out. You all win. I’m wrong.

Post away on each of his threads noting his deficiencies of distortion and hyperbole. I’ll just ignore it from henceforth!

(Completely serious.)

Well, first a “Yea, Boing Boing!!!” for this. :grinning:

I do wish that the post had an “Updated” tag saying what the change was given that OPs don’t have edit histories.

I have this vague memory of Boing Boing in the past being an exemplar of transparency when it came to updates, and that I got a lot of ideas about why being upfront is a good thing from this site. So, given that vague recollection, and Cory’s own tropes about fighting Orwellian control in fiction, it is a bit odd to watch articles have their errors thrown down the memory hole. Still better than not correcting them at all. But it leaves me feeling a bit conflicted.

1 Like

As I understand it, title search doesn’t work here - (shares of) land in Hawaii may be inherited without that being recorded.

4 Likes

Ah, that makes sense. Helluva way to do things, tho. Remind me to never buy large parcels of land in Hawaii :stuck_out_tongue:

If I were you I would stay clear of Boing Boing on Facebook.

I’m not a cutter.

Logical consequence of earlier post:

My god, it’s more beautiful than I imagined.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.