Zuckerberg's side hustle: raising astronomically priced beef on his $270M Hawaii ranch

Originally published at: Zuckerberg's side hustle: raising astronomically priced beef on his $270M Hawaii ranch - Boing Boing

1 Like

He’ll get a nice tax break on that [stolen] farmland. God bless accountants.

15 Likes

Was just going to suggest that’s (at least part of) what he’s doing.

9 Likes

Nothing in that photo is appetizing.

10 Likes

I can’t say I’m surprised that Zuck likes micromanaging the diet of feedlot animals; he’s been at that for years.

14 Likes

So funny that some billionaires embrace the pastoral life and want to be farmers. It’s a lot easier when you don’t have the pressures of annual, rainfall- and crop-dependent harvests to make ends meet, and you can finance a small army of people to do the sweaty work for you while your daughter feeds two of the cows. Ahh…living on the farm and enjoying the fruit of one’s labor.

But heck, I’ll try some of his beer-guzzling beef as long as it isn’t served at Nusr-et.

9 Likes

What do the locals think of a rich mainlander buying all that land and using the resources for his own profit?

8 Likes

Probably something similar to what they’ve been thinking since the sons of American missionaries overthrew their government?

21 Likes

Happy Excuse Me GIF

12 Likes

Yeah, the word “we” is doing a lot of heavy lifting there.

12 Likes

And the people it refers to will not be doing any of the heavy lifting.

11 Likes

I hope he’s branding it as Meata

15 Likes

Roseanne Barr’s nut farm must be thrilled.

4 Likes

Animal abuse as well as the ecological catastrophe of an introduced monoculture on stolen land. The dude is going for some kind of Bingo.

10 Likes

Hungry Mood GIF

5 Likes

Why I get the feeling he means raising castles and managing f*ckbook users are one and the same.

Also, can we as society stop subsiding these billionaires playing farmers raising/growing plant/animals for their exotic gourmet foods.

There is better use for the farmland than this bullshit.

12 Likes

Sounds like the cattle are all lined up at a bar, munching nuts and downing beer while watching a rodeo on a big screen. Bronco throws rider then runs over him. “Yeah! Beers on me!”"

4 Likes

farmville-social-crop

8 Likes

Though the English, the Russians and even some Norwegians all had a go at it first. Poor islanders can’t catch a break.

8 Likes

until Zuckerberg bursts in kills and eats them!

I bet he set this whole thing up just for the romanticism of “slaughtering his own food”. What happens to this whole operation once he gets bored of entry-level plutocrat bloodlust? Ceding the land back to its ancestral people doesn’t sound… exploity enough.

8 Likes