Mark Zuckerberg reportedly building a self-sustaining doomsday bunker in Hawaii

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/01/29/mark-zuckerberg-reportedly-building-a-self-sustaining-doomsday-bunker-in-hawaii.html

7 Likes

I want to park a van outside the house of every tech-bro with a bunker that just plays “The Rains of Castamere” on loop.

14 Likes

Oh, so I see he is familiar with Facebook.

8 Likes

Come on, surprise lava tube :crossed_fingers:

30 Likes

Presumably paid for by the proceeds of helping cause doomsday.

20 Likes

I wonder if he’s going with the shock collars or the locked food pantries to control his thugs-for-hire.

18 Likes

“Thanks for the free bunker, Mark.”

17 Likes

Filled with molten lava.

16 Likes

Well, yeah. An empty one wouldn’t be any fun.

13 Likes

He never had enough cardboard boxes to make a fort as a kid? How sad.

12 Likes

He never had any friends to build a fort with.

15 Likes

He will motivate/enslave them with a system of “likes”.

7 Likes

I’m starting to wonder if those bastards figured out how to make a form of ketrecel white. :thinking:

Mike Myers Evil Laugh GIF

10 Likes

I have no doubt that they’ve considered the option of deliberate addiction, even in the unlikely case they’re not familiar with the Trek.

Whatever crappy mechanism they try to use once their money becomes worthless, Worf’s wisdom will still hold.

Loyalty bought at such a price is no loyalty at all.

18 Likes

The article talks plenty about secrecy and NDAs, but in order to build stuff like this you still need to submit planning documents for approval, and those are available to the public, so most of the stuff that Wired is reporting on isn’t really “secret” in any meaningful sense.

21 Likes

Essentially no one can escape an apocalypse event, even the billionaires that helped it happen. It would be a very good moment to read this book:

17 Likes

Libertarians are almost by definition incapable of understanding that there is no “away” in these situations.

19 Likes

Didn’t realize this was a secret. On a recent trip to Hawaii the tour guide rattled off a bunch of celebs who were building shelters there, including Zuck. Considering the formation and destruction of the islands over time it seems like an odd choice, but it’s not my money.

13 Likes

Obligatory:

26 Likes

This is either a reboing or we’ve been talking about it in one of threads (billionaire chronicles?) recently.

3 Likes