Super-rich head off to their doomsday bunkers

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/12/super-rich-head-off-to-their-d.html

6 Likes

Do we have to let them come back?

51 Likes

I say brick up the entrances, it’s just for the best.

57 Likes

Eventually. After we raid all their other houses and assets in the meantime.

24 Likes

“Yes, for the love of God!”

23 Likes

Meanwhile

42 Likes

Or hack the media feeds to the bunkers and scare the inhabitants in to staying locked up for decades.

31 Likes

I’m with Elon on this one; the panic is dumb.

12 Likes

That would be the best practical joke ever :rofl:

18 Likes

Follow Cartman’s lead. This is much bigger than Casa Bonita.

6 Likes

we’ll have to see how this comment ages in a couple weeks.

20 Likes

At the rate things are going, the internet may very well be cancelled due to the virus. It already ate the NBA, and the current rumor is that its challenging New York City to an iron cage match.

2 Likes

The prince had provided all the appliances of pleasure. There were buffoons, there were improvisatori, there were ballet-dancers, there were musicians, there was Beauty, there was wine. All these and security were within. Without was the “Red Death”.

https://www.gutenberg.org/files/1064/1064-h/1064-h.htm

29 Likes

while the tone of the tweet implies it’s dumb because there is nothing to be concerned about,

is panic ever…smart?

9 Likes

You beat me to it.

7 Likes

“What’s left of the government orders you to stay in your Vaults until the Fallout from the disease has had a chance to clear – it shouldn’t be more than a few years or so. Here’s footage of some people who came out early.”

11 Likes

And we could televise their internal feeds as the latest craze in reality TV: “Richies Under Glass”.

The whole “raiding their other houses and assets” that @TripleE mentions also sounds good and proper. It may be the perfect time to get some redistribution of wealth underway.

17 Likes

Careful! If they have enough food stockpiled, they could live in their underground lairs for generations, until once again, the Eloi emerge to prey upon the Morlocks.

22 Likes

Is anything bigger than Casa Bonita though, really?

No no, the rich should take a tip from Cartman and freeze themselves til it’s over. Or till otters take over the earth (Might need to freeze myself til Animal Crossing comes out TBH)

3 Likes

No, but define panic here.

For instance, on a sporting forum I frequent certain sporting organizations are accused of panic for planning to play games in front of empty stadiums. Is this actually panic or is it a prudent counter-measure?

13 Likes