Mars helicopter Ingenuity snapped an aerial photo of the Perseverance rover

Originally published at: Mars helicopter Ingenuity snapped an aerial photo of the Perseverance rover | Boing Boing

4 Likes

The morning commute is a real pressure cooker on Mars these days.

6 Likes

No matter how bad the world that surrounds me may get, things like this still give me chills and make me smile. You go little helicopter!

13 Likes

No no, this picture does not show a mechanical device created by aliens, it is just a rock and shadows.

2 Likes

Still no audio of the flight? What gives? Does the mic on Perseverence no longer work?

1 Like

The video above is a zoom-in of the original image, created after the fact.

See? I told you everything NASA does is a fake. /s

2 Likes

The air is too thin, the sound isn’t able to be heard at that distance.

5 Likes

A grainy, low-res photo can’t be considered “fantastic” when other cameras on the rover yield 4k quality.

1 Like

The camera might be 4k (though probably not likely) but does not have optical zoom functionality - for weight/functionality/complexity reasons.

If I take the rover’s photos of the helicopter and crop in on it, it will look grainy as well.

2 Likes

the video of it from Perseverance flying out of frame and then back in again is awesome. VROOOOOOMMMMmmm…mmMMMMVRRRROOOMMMMM, and …land.

2 Likes

I’m not saying that rover was built by extramartian aliens…

…but it was aliens

1 Like

I’m just glad the rover didn’t do duck-lips for the picture.

Photography Picture GIF

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.