Martin Shkreli’s Wu-Tang Clan album sold off to pay his debts

There was an (unfortunately fake) rumour doing the rounds that terms of sale included a clause for the Clan and/or Bill Murray to steal it back via a heist or caper.

9 Likes

The lump of coal where his heart should be probably isn’t worth that much.

2 Likes

If Shkreli were hooked up to a brain scanner of some kind and I could understand the data, I’d love to be able to see what his synapses were doing at the point of the transaction.

1 Like

He did promise to release the album for free if Trump won the 2016 election, then changed his mind after the enfuckening happened. I think the conditions are already fulfilled.

9 Likes

All of this aside, where does the image from the smirking punchable puppet that boingboing keeps posting as the Shkreli stand-in image come from?

Though it’s probably a gross insult to Stingy to compare him to that piece of shit, much like it is to compare Robbie Rotten to Matt Gaetz.

4 Likes

Yup. Same thing happened with the Epipen, but no rich people got hurt, so it’s ok (Manchin’s daughter, IIRC).

4 Likes

I think you are mistaking it for an enema machine, which is something completely different…

I’ll get my hat n coat.

4 Likes

Nope

In a brief interview, Mr. Scoolidge added that the buyer, whose identity he declined to reveal, would be bound by the restrictions in the original contract, which bar the record owner or owners from releasing it commercially for 88 years.

unless “into the public domain” doesn’t count as “commercially”?

1 Like

that’s a pretty good investment. 2million gets him 7.4million in debt relief.

1 Like

According to the book, releasing it into the public domain is not a commercial release. If you give something away, you’re not making a profit off of it.

9 Likes

The original contract said that the owner could release it for free, but not commercially. Shkreli already promised to release it once, but he was lying.

Public domain should count.

9 Likes

i hope that fancy box is empty.

Only Elpis remained.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.