Marvel's fake meta-musical becomes a real one for Disney's California Adventure

Originally published at: Marvel's fake meta-musical becomes a real one for Disney's California Adventure | Boing Boing

1 Like

As long as we get two, three good songs out of it, why not.

1 Like

I would also take any number of terrible, but fun, songs!

1 Like

If you know the layout of the theme park it makes a lot of sense. Disney has a tradition of making smooth transitions between lands. Often it’s finding a commonality with something like similar building materials (wood fending or stone caves or and lamps) in a walkway or something like that. I noticed in between the marvel campus area and cars land there’s a walkway that looks like a southwest road with a billboard in a 1960s style for stark industries auto stuff. Like that.
In this case there has been this abrupt change between what was the “Hollywood backlot” area of the park and marvel superheroes. A musical production in a theater featuring superheroes is the perfect transition between those two lands.

1 Like

This guy explains the transition between lands thing I’m talking about. How Disney Messes With Your MIND | Top 9 Transitions in Disneyland - YouTube

I hadn’t considered that, but you’re absolutely right. They couldn’t have had a better physical location for this show.

One thing that I like about the planned conversion of Disneyland’s Splash Mountain into a Princess Tiana bayou ride is that the location straddles New Orleans Square and Critter Country, so that’s a perfect blend of the two lands as well.

Of course, there have also been some recent missteps. Being able to see the rides in Disney Hollywood Studios Toy Story Land from within the Star Wars themed land is really jarring. There’s no tunnel or anything on the border of those two lands in that park, unlike Disneyland’s version. Guess they should have had some oversized Star Wars toys in the area to smooth the transition? You can actually buy full-sized vader statues based on the original Kenner action figures:

1 Like

:notes:
Captain America-man
Captain America-man
does what Captain America-man can!
:notes:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.