2020 Uprising: Enough is Enough

Posted as much for his poem as the cover itself.

10 Likes
10 Likes

Good Goddess, that’s unfortunate.

Why he’d even go on FOX is beyond me.

6 Likes

I think he went because he still (despite everything) wants to engage as many people on these issues and try to win over hearts and minds. At his core, Brother West is a man who believes in humanity and wants to bring us all together, and that’s still a good thing, I think. He’s living his Christian truth to its fullest extent.

I said this elsewhere, but I’ve never seen him angry like this. Yes, he’s always been angry about the state of race relations in America, but not like this. It seems like something broke in him after George Floyd and the protests, like he’s just done.

20 Likes

Most of the examples had me thinking “yeah, that happened to me too!”…over and over and over again.

16 Likes

Should we have a separate thread for all the memes coming out of the protests?

31 Likes

That’s a good idea… give me a second here…

10 Likes

Today I had a patient on the schedule as “suture removal.” No biggie, we do it all the time. Except its a teenager who has had 8 inch long lacerations of both wrists sewn up, as well as a few other self-inflicted wounds. Because “the world as gone to hell and its just not worth the pain anymore.” As we deal with the various calamities occurring on a daily basis, this is my plea that we reach out to those close to us and watch for the signs of pain and desperation, talk gently and handle each other with care. If we lose ourselves, what are we fighting for? Same age as my kids. This one hit me hard. FUCK I HATE THIS TIMELINE!!!

37 Likes

kitty-hugs

26 Likes

Do you know about https://postsecret.com/?

12 Likes
18 Likes

I think something broke in a lot of people. We can’t fight a virus. But racism and police brutality? We can fight that.

17 Likes

Footage from 2016.

As well as the lack of teargas, clubbings and bullets, notice which way the police are facing.

Who do they protect, who do they serve?

20 Likes
8 Likes
18 Likes

https://twitter.com/oldmanweldon/status/1270858982400262144?s=21

America has two white supremacist parties.

21 Likes

I’m ashamed to say that I didn’t know they were there.

17 Likes

Trump’s will hold a campaign rally in Tulsa on Juneteenth.

I see the hand of Stephen Miller in this. Trump is happy to do it; but too clueless to have conceived it.

23 Likes

Oh, I’ve made a public fuss while in the Statuary Hall! Three Confederates as representative statues from their states: Jefferson Davis and Robert E Lee and Alexander Stephens, as I recall.

16 Likes

ive known plenty of people through the years who’ve been attacked, sexually assaulted, beaten, robbed, had cars or houses broken into, cars stolen, parts of cars chopped and stolen, bikes stolen and on.

in exactly one of those cases - a serial assult - did the police do anything other than take a statement. none of it was ever “worth their time.”

two friends had relatives who have died of suicide and the police did nothing but berate and dismiss my friends.

this stuff has remained true across many many cities where ive lived.

the cops can never do all they work that someone needs to do to solve crimes because they’re out there policing traffic, and homelessness, and drug uses, and neighbors shouting, and dogs running away from home. [ edit: oh yeah, and shaking down black pedestrians and drivers, and responding to karen calls, and gassing and shooting peaceful protestors. they’ve got a lot on their plate. :pouting_cat: ]

we can do more with less.

19 Likes