McDonald's sues to block Seattle's minimum wage

YES, MCDONALDS. BECAUSE YOU’RE RUNNING ON RAZOR MARGINS, WE’RE SURE.
(Two years McDonalds-free, and … I’m lovin’ it.)

1 Like

Ditto. The realization that what they serve isn’t actually “food” stopped me from going there a looooooooong time ago.

1 Like

If McDonalds succeed, who wants to try and shut down Wall Street because technically it’s a slave market?

3 Likes

On the flip side, the franchise owners have to pay a heap to their corporate overlords to license that branding. (you think HQ isn’t going to squeeze the franchises for all they’re worth?) While Micky D’s appears to be profitable, they’re expensive to open, so you’ve got a big opportunity cost.

THAT SAID, I think the argument that all these franchises are independent mom-n-pop’s is a bunch of crap. It’s not like corporate HQ is going to let the brand disappear from Seattle (as nice as that might be), and this suit is just a delaying tactic.

http://www.quora.com/What-is-the-profit-margin-for-fast-food-franchises-like-McDonalds-and-Dominos-Pizza

1 Like

Corporations are human, at least on this planet. They are not human beings because they are not beings.

I would say, “FUCK franchise ‘businesses’,” but between exclusive patent rights and the ball-licking of the brand-managers that the business world seems to engage in, entrepreneurs are kind-of crammed into a corner. McDowells is the only option.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.