Members to regulars?

Technically, isn’t that a mecha-suit?

1 Like

Whovians, dammit…English might not be German, but we still capitalize proper nouns. :smirk:

One of the biggest difference between British TV and American is that the U.S. is willing to spend a boatload of money on special effects, and thus our shows look great…so if the acting is wooden and the script laughable, who cares? Look at our amazing car chases and pyrotechnics instead!

Brits have had to make TV shows on a shoestring budget for so long that they developed the other aspects instead. At this point, 50 years in, there’s only so much a Dalek can change from what was originally LITERALLY a drain plunger. But who cares? Certainly not Whovians.

But yes, you’re right: cyborg, not bot. :smile:

(we now return you to your regularly scheduled broadcast…)

4 Likes

Exactly! And can I point out that the traditional definition of “conservative” also tends this way. It’s only reactionaries (by definition) that react strongly to anyone who doesn’t toe the party line.

1 Like

And speaking of that, here’s Captain Cyborg and the autonomous fire extinguisher at my old uni dept.

2 Likes

I know how much you love it when I correct you, but given Planck lengths there are a finite nnumber of sides.

What was that? Oh, yes, of course I expect to find a flaming bag of dog poop on my doorstep in ~13 minutes.

2 Likes

Oy! Stop rubbing it in our plebian faces!!! :wink:

Nice slip! N-Number of sides? XD When the Planck lengths are too close to distinguish, we can fit even more sides, because they are nonlocalized!

1 Like

To prove I am not old I shall refrain from exclaiming LOL, hehe, or other droll turns of phrase. Buy may I offer you a sincere Tally ho! Well played ol’ chap! :smiley:

1 Like

Hold on.

That’s true enough for a physical sphere, right enough. But where did we say that this sphere was physical. A sphere as a mathematical construction is not limited by limits such as the Planck length or the ultimate graniness of the universe, but can be divided infinitely, giving rise to such things as the Banach–Tarski paradox

Yes, yes. I know. No matter what happens in a discussion on the internet, there’s always someone who’s willing to go to the next level of pedanticness.

1 Like

I am not convinced of this, either!

I am okay with the whole change is fine but maybe we shouldn’t test the waters by jumping in head first idea of conservative.

Is it 99.999% off of the regular price?

2 Likes

I’m with you. There was a brief period when I qualified as Regular (or was manually bumped into it, prolly by Jason I think) and I got to hang out in the fancy-dress salon that was even more briefly named after me. But alas, I didn’t keep up my reading, and my status degenerated into plain ol’ Vanilla End User (non-probationary).

But that’s okay. You guys still remember me. I don’t read nearly as much here as I used to, since for me it quickly becomes an overwhelming timesuck, considering I have a wife and kids and 60-hour-a-week job. And I’m still trying to make time to work on that screenplay with @miasm.

I still love you guys, but my belly flab and pasty complexion are at least somewhat the fault of Excessive Time Spent On My Ass In Front Of A Screen, and y’all ain’t helping resolve that.

9 Likes

Oh, I can go down this route, and my infinity can beat up your infinity. And I have three math phds as my homies. (Did I just turn this into a My Dad Can Beat Up Your Dad argument? :D)

Alternatively, lets just BBQ some Spherical Cow.

1 Like

Not any more.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 555 days. New replies are no longer allowed.