Metawatch. (Formerly known as Facebookwatch.)

Not going to post the whole thing, but I thought that the headline for the latest Garbage Day had insight into the nature of people paying to use social media platforms

I am not sure that I agree though. Today it is more like everyone can use the bathroom, read the graffiti, and write their own with a thin-tip Sharpie. If you pay they hand you this each time you go in and let you write on the walls outside the stall too!

2 Likes
4 Likes

Meta Global Affairs President Nick Clegg has likened the company’s metaverse strategy to being the owner of a bar. If a patron is confronted by “an uncomfortable amount of abusive language,” they’d simply leave, rather than expecting the bar owner to monitor the conversations.

5 Likes

So Nick Clegg has signed up with an evil organisation to try and make them better, but has ended up just enabling the evil that they do. Can’t say that I’m remotely surprised by that.

3 Likes

I don’t frequent bars a lot these days, but a barkeeper throwing out an abusive patron doesn’t seem too unlikely to me

6 Likes

I’m guessing that Clegg, et al don’t, either. Though I can picture them just looking at the Meta apps on their respective devices the whole time, and miss when the barkeep gives some asshole the bum’s rush.

That’s a very dude ‘tude.

https://pos.toasttab.com/blog/on-the-line/angel-shot

When a patron orders an Angel Shot, they’re covertly letting their bartender or server know that they’re either on a date that’s not working out, or they don’t feel safe because of another guest’s behavior.

By doing so, they let staff know they’re either in need of some help getting out of there, or would like staff to remove the offending guest from the establishment.

6 Likes
2 Likes

We don’t usually allow children in bars though and usually staff do toss out unruly abusive drunks from the bar.

2 Likes

Of course Facebook will monetize an ad-generating AI

Meta is building a generative AI system capable of churning out online ads to order and will charge businesses to use it, according to chief technology officer Andrew Bosworth.

[
]

4 Likes

For my friends and family who used their real personal information:

The rest of us considering the details necessary to file a claim
 :nerd_face: :thinking:

Its A Trap GIF

6 Likes
1 Like
4 Likes
6 Likes
4 Likes