Metawatch. (Formerly known as Facebookwatch.)

Zuck sees you when you’re sleeping
Zuck knows when you’re awake
Zuck knows when you’ve been bad or good

4 Likes

… So be bad for engagement’s sake.

5 Likes

Norway has not banned the apps. Its ban is focused on restricting data collection for behavioral advertising and starts August 4. The temporary ban could drag on for three months unless Meta takes remedial action sooner.

Selling behavioral advertising and the data is kind of Meta’s business, so that could be a big problem for them, especially if it’s permanent and widens to the whole EU.

6 Likes

Not sure where to post this so I’ll post here. One of the biggest complaints about Threads has been the lack of a “following” feed. They just added one:

The last time I talked with someone in the :canada: Privacy Commissioner’s office, about 3 years ago, it was clear that the idea of this sort of measure was in the air. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes
3 Likes

Norway ain’t in the EU.

3 Likes
1 Like

Probably a cup of coffee per person…

3 Likes

To be fair this is classic Gartner hype cycle, so the next few months of Threads usage will be important to watch

The features users have been asking for are slowly being released - following feed is there (though sometimes buggy), topic search is coming, translation now works.

Twitter’s implosion provided the launch window when Threads is really at an MVP stage (thanks Elon)

1 Like
3 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

Now that’s what I call management!

3 Likes

That’s one way to negotiate a raise from Meta.

I believe that it’s possible follow the Beaverton’s RSS feed on Mastodon and it will appear on your timeline.

eta: Following RSS feeds might only be a Friendica thing. In any event, it won’t follow Beaverton’s. I suspect that their older version of Wordpress RSS is somehow off.

3 Likes