Michael's employee scratch card "You've won an unpaid time off!"

If planation owners ever gave out scratch cards, it would be that one.

6 Likes

Your outie will be happy to have extra time for her many hobbies.

What’s next? Layoff lottery?

4 Likes

Isn’t that just what you call it when I’m not here?

4 Likes

6 Likes

One day at a job the bosses announced that we were all getting reduced hours in order to meet some corporate metric. I asked them when they were taking their 15% pay cut, which would probably cover the budget shortfall quite nicely and got the usual blank stare, the dead fish look common to management being asked to explain their actions/decisions.

10 Likes

WTF?!

2 Likes

HR – Strip mining the Human Resource since 1869.

6 Likes

JoAnn Fabrics or {horrors) Walmart are probably better employers than Hobby Lobby or Michaels.

5 Likes

Unpaid time off from working at Michael’s is something that literally everyone who doesn’t work for Michael’s already has in unlimited supply.

9 Likes

I haven’t worked at Hobby Lobby or Michaels, so I can’t say for sure, but I did work for Walmart. They sucked. I’m sure there are worse employers in retail, but I can’t imagine they’re a lot worse. We had full time employees who had worked for Walmart for several years who were on food stamps. Oh, but we did get an employee discount card…so we could give part of our meager wages back to Walmart to buy the absolute bottom of the barrel crap they sell in that store.

9 Likes

8 Likes

After being told that there is only enough money for a 2.5% pay rise this year, despite the billion or so spent on share buybacks, we have also been asked to volunteer for some community thing the company wants us to do on the weekend that they will use as propaganda about how loving they are.
Needless to say they are not getting much co-operation.

12 Likes

Lots of business owners/managers have the mentality of plantation owners, which is one reason why medicare for the peonage hasn’t happened in this country… scared peons are obedient peons.
After all, how many politicians do you own?

This is a country of Wage Slaves…

7 Likes

I would ask how that was even legal, but then i think its America so its fine…

You so need unions over there and like in every place of work, i am like struggling to fit my 3 holidays in this year, I could not imagine working, somewhere you dont even get paid leave!

5 Likes

Has anyone been able to verify whether this is authentic? I’ve found posts of this picture going back two years on Reddit, but I can’t find any mentions of it in any fact-checked news sources.

Can anyone confirm this is real?

The original source of this seems to be another reddit post from 2 years ago:

I feel like if this was something Michael’s was actually doing we’d have probably heard from tons of pissed off employees in the meantime,

1 Like

I don’t know if this is real or a hoax, but Michael’s employees have been complaining about conditions for the past 5+ years if you look in the right spots, but none of it seems to get covered in the news.

3 Likes

Same goes for Cracker Barrel

3 Likes

They haven’t found god like the people working at Hobby Lobby. /s (sort of).

2 Likes

Nice thing about being a Fed, that sort of thing is illegal. You cannot collect for a supervisor’s gift or party and supervisors cannot collect for gifts/parties even for regular employees or charitable causes.