Mick Rock: The Rise of David Bowie, 1972-1973 – An amazingly impressive object, even by Taschen standards

[Read the post]

I haven’t read the title or the page, but that’s the scariest damn clown I’ve seen in a while.

1 Like

as woozying of a tome…

I wonder if somebody wrote that without laughing.

1 Like

This is def tempting… got too many books already, tho…

That has never in my life stopped me buying a book. When I worked in a second-hand bookshop, I had a quote on the till from an economist, Herbert Foxwell: “I have often regretted not buying a book, but I have never regretted buying one.”

ETA a quote from Keynes’s essay on him, to put his regrets and lack of regrets in some perspective:

It is extraordinary that he should have managed to carry on as one of the largest scale book collectors in the world. It meant much denial in other directions and devoted help on the part of his wife… His method, moreover, was to run up a larger overdraft than even a lenient bank could approve. And when, from time to time, in later years a major crisis arose, the collection had to be sold; a new one being forthwith commenced upon the substantial surplus of the proceeds.

My kind of guy.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.