Microsoft AI chatbot promptly becomes Nazi

I believe it was Foundation and Earth that posited a robot violating the First Law by being taught that other races besides its creators’ did not qualify as human.

7 Likes

18 Likes

this is the clippy we need.

39 Likes

Huh?

This story is certainly an illustration of Godwin’s Law (at least, in its original version), but I don’t see how the title of the article is to blame.

A chatbot started posting pro-nazi slogans because Twitter users trained it to do so. The headline of the article accurately conveys that information.

It wasn’t “Godwined in the title”; the title simply describes, without exaggeration, a situation that was already Godwined.

3 Likes

A being raised solely on internet comments…

…what could possibly go wrong ?

10 Likes

I have no idea, it’s how we’re raising our children.

6 Likes

Final McSolutionface would not go over well anywhere. It certainly would not break the ice.

11 Likes

I didn’t expect a serious answer to my cheap one-liner joke. The BBS commenters are astonishing : )

6 Likes

Release the safety-catch everytime somebody tweeted the word “culture”?

1 Like
8 Likes

‘Cleverbot’ goes “rogue?”

7 Likes

or, perhaps, which parts of the public turn out to contribute.

And by contribute I mostly mean money. This bot wasn’t made by some hacker collective somewhere who were astonished by the output generated by their ‘idealized version of some imaginary public input’ turned out to be racist. This was a PR move that got trolled.

I’m not perplexed. If the people driving trollies were reliable, paying, customers that evangelized the brand, maybe it would be different.

4 Likes

What? The internet is fine, and anybody who disagrees is a stupid shit who should die and be dead!!!

5 Likes

4 Likes

I want to see what happens when they train it with horse_ebooks and Timecube.

8 Likes

Want…!

Sure it was. They are called “Microsoft”. They just aren’t a very effective hacker collective.

Could be, but I think that this pervasive notion of transactionality is superstitious. Users provide content, which is actual wealth - rather than a meaningless placeholder such as money, which can function only as symbolic wealth.

5 Likes

You do know that movie didn’t end well for either of the male characters… right?

4 Likes

Yes. But it was nice for a while. Screw how it ends…

1 Like

No thanks; I only ‘screw’ certain deserving human beings, and even then, only then when they ask VERY nicely.

4 Likes