Microsoft announces it will shut down ebook program and confiscate its customers' libraries

I would have thought that was something more in the publisher’s domain, not an author’s.

I believe Cory works with his publisher to make sure his books are available without DRM.

3 Likes

Fair enough. Perhaps more relevant to people who read quickly and want ready choices available when they are done or read multiple books concurrently.

But there are other reasons, too. I find my phone or a small e-reader to be much easier to read one handed and easier to read in dim light than printed books.

I used to read lots of printed books, so much so I have nylon zip up covers for mass market, trade and hard cover sized books to preserve them as I haul them around with me while commuting or traveling on vacation. It’s a great relief to not even need those anymore. I already have my large screen phone with me, so taking a book with me now requires nothing extra. I bring less stuff with me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.