Microsoft puts Nokia brand out of its misery

also, those stats are volume and market share, not profit.

I very, very nearly bought the Nokia N95 as my first smartphone way back in the day, but the price tag and the fact that it lagged the iPhone in a couple of key metrics made me hold off. I eventually took the plunge on the Nexus One, and have Androided (and Nexused) ever since.

I remember having a lovely (for the time, this was circa 2003) Nokia smartphone - if you could call anything a smartphone then. It streamed video, browsed the web, took pictures and so forth and was quite useable. Nice piece of kit, my daughter used it for a while when I passed it onto her. I remember it fondly (but not what it was called).

I have a Nokia 1100 (okay, and a Nexus 7). I don’t anticipate ever needing a smartphone.

Worldwide numbers even with including the US, Symbian was super popular everywhere but one exceptional country, guess who(maybe also Canada) with Nokia in front through 2010 when Google phones cut in. Way outsold the Apple phones even after the burning platform memo. Few folks in the US have even seen the N-series flagship smartphones outside of niche geeks buying from foreign resellers, the carriers in the US decide what phones most people even hear about.

1 Like

I have been using Nokian tires for the past 125K miles (200K kilometers) - just awesome in rain and snow, and go at least 80K miles between changes - further if you rotate and balance them more frequently than I did on my first set.

1 Like

They also make the best studded bicycle snow tires.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.