Mike Patton (Faith No More) sings theme song to new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game

Originally published at: Mike Patton (Faith No More) sings theme song to new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Also of Mr Bungle fame. Definitely going to have to give this a listen, he’s one of the best vocalists alive.

4 Likes

Not -FORMER- lead singer to Faith No More. Current lead singer to Faith No More.

6 Likes

This looks like it was made for us OG TMNT fans. The theme song, the animation, and the game itself (a clear homage to the original arcade game). Bebop and Rocksteady, Shredder, Foot Clan ninja soldiers, aw yeah! I hope Krang is in it! He must be.

Man, I remember when TMNT first aired, shortly before my 10th birthday. The original 5-episode (I think?) run, before it became a full series. I had first-run copies of some of the first issues, stupidly sold them when I was young trying to make some money (grrrrr, stupid young me!)

4 Likes

Mike Patton definitely belongs here. He is one happy mutant. Mr. Bungle and FNM were both ahead of their time in the 80s and 90s.

4 Likes

It’s a dirty job, but someone’s gotta do it. :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

Yes, it’s relevant.

dkvna;kvnknanvnv;aknbk;ajnv;k

HHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

2 Likes

Take a closer look at the video about 1:09
And I agree, this is clearly based not only on the original arcade game but also the original cartoon series.
Definitely aiming for us older fans of the franchise.

2 Likes

You want it all but you can’t have it.

4 Likes

Oh, what a tease you are…

1 Like

Nice to see April finally learned how to defend herself. I always figured that she would have picked up a thing or two, hanging out with ninjas all the time.

The OG TMNT was the old Eastman and Laird comic, which was definitely a lot more “gritty” than the kiddified cartoon/toy empire.

That being said, after being a fan of the comics, I did watch the cartoon, and even restored a TMNT arcade machine for endless frustration in undergrad.

1 Like

Yeah my path was reversed, probably due to age — but I found the comics shortly after the cartoon series dropped.

I’m from Western MA originally, so Eastman and Laird were locals — the comic actually had a portion where April goes to Northampton, MA with the turtles, and there’s a great illustration of downtown NoHo in the comic (I don’t think it’s named as such, but it’s obvious).

I miss the comic book museum the guys used to maintain in NoHo, it was fantastic. At least I got to catch the Tank Girl comic exhibit when it was running! :grin:

1 Like

So I see that they’re still not allowed to show Michelangelo wielding nunchaku in the cartoon, but he still has them in the video game. Some things never change…

What’s the story there? This seems to be something I never noticed?

Michaelangelo running like a loon in the first clip of gameplay footage :joy::joy:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.