Mildly interesting old sign found in basement

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/12/mildly-interesting-old-sign-fo.html

24 Likes

That is a pretty cool find and a neat history lesson as well.

27 Likes

It’s a valuable museum piece, and should be kept in a safe.

45 Likes

Also some tie in between one of the Original NFL teams and DELCO - The Dayton Triangles - made up of employees from DELCO and two other companies in Dayton - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dayton_Triangles - It is even an NFL keepsake. kinda / sorta. either way - very cool find.

7 Likes

ezgif.com-add-text

21 Likes

Not what I was expecting.

13 Likes

“RUNS ON KEROSENE” it says in the lower right corner of the poster…so, kerosene electric light? Also, what is that rig that looks like a movie projector…is that a mangle?

4 Likes

A lot of farm electricity systems ran on kerosene as in rural places there was no grid to connect too, and kerosene was a more popular fuel than gasoline before the 1920s when automobiles went mainstream. It wasn’t until the 1936 Rural Electrification Act that the grid was extended to rural communities in the US.

14 Likes

I bet it was nice to have enough electric light to see into the safe, too.

4 Likes

mildly interested in sign

8 Likes

Mildly interesting old sign

Still more interesting than Live, Laugh, Love.

2 Likes

Related:

6 Likes

Oh way more, dude. Try eBay.

I’ll even start the bidding, ahem – I bid a buck two eighty!

5 Likes

Which one? The one in the bottom image RHS is a cream separator. Do you mean the motor-generator by the batteries.

2 Likes

Still holding out for another safe.

Neato. I found these in my wall while renovating:

9 Likes

All I found was a bunch of rusty razor blades.
So I shaved the cat and dumped the hair in the space then pissed on it all and sealed it back up.
Ain’t seen a witch since!

13 Likes

Pretty sure you’re supposed to put that in a bottle.

6 Likes

While cleaning out what was a darkroom I found a proper pinup from a local auto shop. It was fun to realize the nekkid girl was someones grandma by now.

5 Likes

GILF? :rofl: