Mindblowing AI pixel art

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/08/19/mindblowing-ai-pixel-art.html

1 Like

This is crying out for a horror/sci-fantasy film in which the AI generates prophetic images; with the protagonists trying to decipher the image before it reaches its final iteration at the moment the predicted even occurs.

4 Likes

Really good idea! I have a half-written short story about hidden messages in GAN-generated text, e.g.

DQJWAk5UEAEkR1b

2 Likes

This is awesome. I love pixel art so much. I feel like it’s a very underrated style of art.

1 Like

I’ve always thought pixel art would make great patterns for:

1. Mosaics.
  2. Hooked rugs.
  3. Needlepoint (on canvas with large-scale holes).

In the early 90s we thought up (but never built) a robotic arm that would assemble mosaics. It would target a substrate plan, and source from little bins – one for each tile color. It would also, of course, have a digital pattern in its brain.

“Mobot.” It would also just be fun to watch (hmmmm… are there animations of robotic arms?)

I think there are business(es) out there that do this now. If anyone has run across them, please share links. Thanks!

1 Like

Or you could use the bargello style of needlepoint to get large squares. Just thinkin’ out loud here.

1 Like

Or it can give us the answer to “life, the universe, and everything”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.