Mixed metaphors

I read a post in another thread that said something about a basketball court and was suddenly struck by the idea of people holding court in a basketball court.

Rules:

1. Mix a metaphor
  2. (Optional) Help us imagine what your metaphor (or someone else’s) would look like

Instead of going with a U.S. legal style court, I think I’d like to go with a Wonderland court. Monarch of the basketball court making dire proclamations.

7 Likes

Though metaphor mixing is usually up my alley, I see from the rules it’s a whole other ballgame from what I expected — but still probably my cup of tea.

14 Likes

The whole new ball of wax is in your court.

15 Likes

I think I will just kick this can of worms down the road.

13 Likes

Snowlark discovers a new chemical chain (sorry in advance, chemists) that turns out to be a rather nice floor wax and graciously tributes a ball of it to the Basketball Court. After some brief confusion over what it’s meant for—you can’t play basketball with it—the floor looks mighty pristine. lol Not to turn this into another RPG thread.

5 Likes

Never look a beaten dead horse in the mouth.

8 Likes

Those who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw the baby out with the bathwater.

11 Likes

He lost his st once it hit the fan.

12 Likes

#meta // With this new floor treatment, the Basketball Court earns +3 shimmer and -1 friction.

8 Likes

I think you’re trying to make a silk purse out of a wolf in sheep’s clothing and eat it too.

13 Likes

You’re batting 1000 from three-point range.

8 Likes

She could read him like a book without pages.

3 Likes

Managing Editor to Layout Editor: “I think it’s time we bury the hatchet job on A7.”

4 Likes

Thomas Friedman is the master of mixing metaphors:

3 Likes

If I have seen farther than others it is because I’m standing on the catbird seat wearing rose colored glasses.

7 Likes

Surprisingly, Murray Walker doesn’t seem to have made that many mixed metaphors. These might count though

Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna’s Lotus sounding rough?

and

You can cut the tension with a cricket stump.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 229 days. New replies are no longer allowed.