Mobile recharging station operators in India sell tens of thousands of women's phone numbers to stalkers

I carry a bunch of $3 charge banks. I think they were cheap because the later iPhones were too picky for them, but glad day for me!

The romantic in me is thinking this would be a great valentine’s gift for Mrs. Shmello.

1 Like

@shmello Practical, genually helpful and even protective. My kind of logic entirely! On the other hand I am currently ‘without amour’. I’m not saying there’s a link… Let’s just say you appear to have excellent taste, and I congratulate you unreservedly. :slight_smile:

@RickMycroft Apple users’ losses are definitely your gain. Nicely done, sir.

[Edited to add: I really must stop watching ‘The Pretenders’ while editting comments - Roger Moore’s style definitely rubs off on my speech.]

I don’t think you allow for the levels of stupidly evil and evilly stupid despair that a certain sort of loneliness can engender. Especially in a traditional society that subjects every single one of its members to a sustained memetic blast explaining that you can be pair-bonded or utterly worthless.

Yes, it is absolutely unquestionably harassment but to a sufficiently deranged mind cold-calling someone and going “Let’s be Special Friends!” might seem like it just might work.

2 Likes

If your theory is true, the correct way to address the problem of sexual harassment would be to address that memetic blast. Just a thought.

Sounds good to me. It would reduce the amount of misery in the world considerably.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.